The Larson Group is currently recruiting a Field Service Engineer for a dynamic and forward thinking Managed Service Provider based in Bradford. Our client are currently witnessing a growth period and as such need a customer centric and client facing individual to join the team. We are looking for an energetic, positive and well-presented candidate with drive and personality.
If you are looking for a career opportunity with genuine scope for progression and training, this is the right role for you. Our client will put you through the relevant Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certifications and on successful completion of these and your probationary review your salary may increase.
As well as the fantastic training on offer, our client will supply a company car, company phone, a laptop and company pension scheme.
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for all onsite service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software. The Field Service Engineer will also carry out Project work and pre Sales Audits. The Field Service Engineers will be required to write technical reports and assist the Sales team as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Support of disaster recovery solutions
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls and security
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise
- Communication with customers as required; keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
- Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable adjustments may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems and network systems
- Interpersonal skills; such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness; ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
Skills / Experience that would be beneficial:
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
- Virtualisation – Hyper V and VMWare
- Windows XP through to Windows 10
- Firewalls / Security
- Networks – LAN/WAN/Routers
- Financial Systems – I.E. Sage
- Backup Solutions – Symantec Backup Exec
- Active Directory
- SQL Server
- MS Exchange
For more information, please contact Jamie MacMillan on 0113 887 2883 < Back to Vacancies